First Blog

O' Chicago, we owe it to the best pilots in my opinion to ever live. The 2021 Air Show with the Blue Angels was a sight to see this year and with the most beautiful and best maneuver's I have seen from them in years! You know, out of the 2 thousand PLUS pictures and videos I have on my phone this one was the one I picked, not because I was lazy enough to not scroll to find one (false) but because it was one of the most recent ones on my camera roll that I loved really much. To say this photo was not taken by me specifically but one I saw on Instagram, it was still a spectacular and amazing show they put on. The emotion I felt when I got to see them up close on the 41st floor on a building right behind north avenue beach was something I would never forget. The floor I was on was bought for 4.1 million dollars! Can you believe that! A lot of money one can wish to have. It was still in construction but since I've known the people from that building for a long time they were kind enough to take me to that floor specifically because rooftop access was not available because of COVID-19 and I felt very fortunate to be able to see the airshow right in front of me on the beach where most of it took place.

From a young age my family always took me to the air and water show when they could because my parents always worked all day and we weren't so blessed financially back in those times. Anyhow these F/A-18 E/F Super Hornets never fail to amaze me of how much strength and agility they have to be able to do the maneuvers they can and how much the jet can withstand from forces. It also blows my mind of how much breath work and training and skill the pilots need to have to be able to do what they do. The last time I saw the air and water show was back in 2017 and every year I always look forward to seeing the event because it's once every year and it's such a special thing to see. I recommend this event for those who have not seen it before or to those that haven't seen the show in a while. Not only can it be seen as just another event held in Chicago but as something that can remind you of how beautiful existing in this time can be and how far we have come from the first ever boat or plane created and how much they have advanced over time and of how we use them today. In the past a boat or raft was created to get from one place to another just like our everyday vehicles, and even to broader ranges as the plane was built for.

Although Chicago is rated as one of the most beautiful cities in the world and people all around the world come here for the air and water show and lollapalooza it is also rated high as having the most killings per year with the average around 750. More so the amount of reckless drivers and car crashes that almost happen everyday in and around the Chicago area. Now I'm not just saying this because I am very familiar first hand with how Chicago functions but to let some of you know how risky it could be in the city. Not so much with public transport but to give insight to be alert in the city as anything can happen at any time at any place. Anyway the sights of this city are wonderful, you have so many places you can go and explore but my favorite is going to this small beach up north just off the end of lake shore drive, it is my favorite beach not only because many people don't know about it but because I also like going up there from time to time because of the feeling and vibe I get from it.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to take my nephew to a CHI airshow. He is plan obsessed! Trains, too. I'm also gonna try to pry that secret beach info out of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment