Week 7 Guided reflection

 
 So the documentary I picked was "Finding Vivian Maier," and for a documentary I'd say I really liked it. I haven't really watched that many documentaries because I find them boring but this one was good and the directors really set it up well.

    There was a scene in the documentary that showed Vivian recording these 2 kids that she was taking care of because she was a nanny and the scene showed each kid swinging on this rope that was tied to a tree just swinging around and having the time of their life. Then the scene continued to show the 3 kids just outside the forest in a small field eating strawberries from a strawberry bush and just laughing and having fun. 
        This scene gave me a sense of what life should be like, in the way that you should aspire to be like the kids in the scene. The fact that they are not at all worried about anything and just having fun goofing around with the other children is how I think we should be living. The scene made me feel calm and made me think to myself "why can't we be like those kids," and it made me just have all these thoughts afterward of what life is and why we can't be like those kids.

    In the film in this scene I remember them talking about how this was also Vivian's favorite "spot" because she had liked going there to eat strawberries with the kids and spend time with the kids. Later in the documentary they had said that she was buried at that spot, and I would think that's where she would want to have been buried because of the memories with the children she was taking care of. 


Comments